04 December 2006

Mountain Bike Episode 3: Commonwealth Park

Haha. I tried to be like Star Wars, using middle episodes and have it as prequels or sequels. Keke. Anyways, yeah, we all went to Commonwealth Park in Rawang. This is where my new frame will lose its virginity of off roading. I think the ride on our engined vehicle was way longer than riding in this park. We all met at Nathan's Bicycle World at 730am sharp. Around 18 bikers if I wasn't wrong. There are all kinds of MTBers that day. Even the Green Cannondale I saw before when I was in car around a month ago was there. I've been wanting to see him live in action. And yeah dammit. He really does his job. And, I'm the only awkward one in the group I guess? I'm the only mtber who wears jeans and long sleeves with Freeride helmet and full fingered knuckles protective gloves. But there's another dude, who didn't wear a helmet. Which is quite dangerous. Nevermind though, later he will need one. Hmm, there were even the M9 guy, nexus guy and polygon guy. Anyhows, everyone was there. The start of this park was the killer part actually. It is climbing on tarmac all the way up. No flatlands or downhill at all. It's up, up, up and away. I climbed all the way up, no pushing at all. No nothing. No crap was given. But at the start of the hill, my chain dropped. Fck. I was trying to change my front gear to 1. But then this happened. Thank god, kiki was at the back. He brought his bike tools. He moved my FD to the proper place so that it would shift. Okay, after doing all that, continuing to cycle again. Uphill all the way to the canteen and accomocation area of the Commonwealth Park. We all waited there for all the mtbers to arrive. A bit of talking and off we go for off road. Yeah, you've guessed it, it's uphill again but now its offroad. Far out! But I feel it's much more fun on off road. Since my tires are really for off roading only as setup as yesterday. Haha. That's y it was killing me during the uphill of tarmac. Then we all just climb to a section where it's not rideable and we had to push. We just went all the way up to checkpoint 1. Some of the "expensive" bikes haven't arrived yet. Me with my cheap ride arrived safely and didn't give up at all. From checkpoint 1, we have a little of downhilling. I just went it all the way riding the downhill quite fast. Around 25-30kmh. Quite muddy around this area. It's "nipah area" so you know how muddy it is. We all went up to 2nd check point where it is the dead end. We have no other ways to go. It's just unrideable. These commonwealth people didn't maintain the trails. So, it's just dead end. Yada, yada, yada, we all reverse and move back. We all cycle back. It was just a short trail. Not even 3km. Pretty pissed off about it. Oh well. Shah on the other hand had the idea of climbing the trail again for just the downhilling part. I joined them. Those "expensive" bikes didn't even get to checkpoint 2. They just quit earlier in the game. Haha. "Whoever eats KFC, he will be the one who licks off his fingers."(insert sarcasm). Basically, it was nothing lah the trail. Kemensah is even worst and scarier. Until next time. We'll meet again. Hahaha!(x1000).
Uphill tarmac.

More uphill.

Uphill offroad.

None-rideable nipah area aka dead end.

See how non-rideable this is.
1st check point.

My teh ais in one sip after the 2nd ride through the off road.
All gathering in Canteen area.
Yes, yes, fakawis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home